In a press conference today, Hawaiʻi’s Governor David Ige announced the relaxation of travel and gathering rules beginning July 8th, based on the projected vaccination penetration of 60% of residents statewide.
The bullet points are these:
- Domestic travel – including to/from the continental U.S. and between all islands: travelers may bypass the Safe Travels quarantine and pre-testing requirements provided their vaccination card is uploaded into the Safe Travels system and also presented (in hard copy) upon arrival.
- Indoor gatherings are increased to a total of 25. Masks will still be required.
- Outdoor gatherings are increased to a total of 75.
- Governor Ige said that the majority of new COVID-19 cases fall within the unvaccinated population and encourages all residents to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
- Vaccination is the critical component to eliminating the Safe Travels restrictions and opening up to even larger indoor and outdoor groups. Until there is at least a 70% statewide vaccination percentage, Hawaiʻi will continue to live under various restrictions to prevent the spread of the virus.
#hawaiieventscoalition #hec808 #hawaiicovid19 #hawaiivaccination #vax4live #liveeventscoalition #saveourstages #niva #sba #melenow #liveevents808